This year has been one of extremes. From the pure joy of seeing Sophie born to the pain of losing my Dad in the space of a few weeks and before that the amazing time I spent in France with Michelle and her parents. It’s taught me how quickly emotions can dramatically change in the space of a few weeks.
As we get near to the end of another year, I think now is the time to set some goals for the year ahead. I don’t want to follow the herd and go on a diet or join the gym or pledge to detox for the first few weeks after Christmas. These resolutions will be important on a personal level.
1. Get out of the country at least once, visiting somewhere I haven’t been before.
2. Get serious with my book ideas. I’ve had so many in the past few years, but have never committed to anything.
3. Resume my love for live music and get a gig organised locally, either under the PodFest umbrella or something else.
4. Take more photos. I talked about this one in my last blog post, but I do feel that I’ve got some catching up to do with how many my Dad managed to take over the past few years.
5. Blog more! I used to at least 3 or 4 times a week. Now I’ve got my iPhone I don’t have an excuse.
That’ll do for now. I’m sure I’ll find some more before we get to the end of the year.