PodcastCon UK 2005 is the first conference in Europe dedicated to podcasting. The conference will include an exciting combination of presentations, practical sessions and debate on all aspects of podcasting as it moves into its second year.
Where & When
The conference will take place on Saturday 17 September at the Berners Hotel, just off Oxford Street, in central London. Sessions are scheduled from 10.00am through till 5.00pm.
The following speakers have confirmed their attendance. The event will also include open discussions and facilitated debates on a range of other practical issues facing podcasters.
* Chris Kimber; Head of Radio Interactive, BBC – podcasting from a public broadcaster’s perspective
* James Cridland; Head of Strategic Development, Virgin Radio – podcasting from a commercial broadcaster’s perspective
* Milverton Wallace; Managing Director, Quixa NetMedia – podcasting, blogging and social media
* Richard Vobes; The Richard Vobes Radio Show – developing creative content for your podcast
* Neville Hobson; For Immediate Release – podcasting as a tool for business communications
* Chris Skinner, Simulacrum – a live version of Chris’s legendary Simulacrum podcast
* Paul Nicholls, lawyer and podcaster (podcastpaul.com) – podcasting, legal issues, is speech really free? Defamation
Additionally there will be an open forum and discussion.
Who Will Be There?
Fifty odd people have already signed-up to attend the conference and little publicity for the event has yet been undertaken. It is anticipated that we will have over 100 participants on the day. These will include most of the UK’s podcasters, podcast listeners, the media (the BBC, The Independent and The Guardian are set to send people and more are expected), business and marketing people, bloggers, video bloggers and others with an interest in podcasting.
Who is running PodcastCon 2005 UK?
The conference is being organised by a team of professionals who also happen to be podcasters and is supported by BritCaster.com, the online hub for UK podcasting.
The team organising the conference includes:
* Paul Nicholls, Birmingham-based lawyer and podcaster www.podcastpaul.com
* Alex Bellinger, founder of Origin PR with 15 years experience in public relations, conference organisation and marketing, also the producer of SmallBizPod
* Neil Dixon, neildixon.com – founder of BritCaster.com, the online hub for UK podcasters, and creative rich media designer, also producer of the Minor Technicality podcast
* Adrian Pegg, a TV producer and media commentator. www.adrianpegg.co.uk
The event will cost £30 per delegate simply to cover the outlay of room hire and expenses.
Delegates list / Sign up
Simply visit the BritCaster. A paypal account will be added shortly.